It may surprise you, but many pasta lovers aren’t aware of how to cook pasta in the microwave.
Perhaps you’ve seen commercials indicating that you could cook pasta in a microwave. But how do you go about it? And why should you cook your pasta in a microwave in the first place?
Our below guide will walk you through the steps needed to cook soft pasta in the microwave.
Why Cook Pasta In The Microwave?
You are probably used to cooking pasta in a pot on the stove. But cooking pasta in a microwave has some benefits that might make it worth a try.
1. Easy To Clean-Up
When you cook pasta on the stove, it can sometimes boil over, leaving you with a mess to clean up. But you are guaranteed an easy clean-up when you cook pasta in a microwave.
2. Quicker And Less Complicated
Cooking pasta in the microwave is considerably faster than boiling water in a pot and waiting for it to cook. And it’s also less work because you don’t have to monitor it or adjust the heat constantly every time.
3. It Saves Electricity
When cooking pasta in the microwave, you can lower your energy costs. Microwaves use radiation for cooking food, heating it from all sides simultaneously. As a result, you’ll use less than half the electricity you would when boiling it on the stove.
How To Cook Pasta In The Microwave
Microwaving is a good option if you don’t want to cook pasta in a pot or slow cooker. Cooking pasta in the microwave is convenient and allows you to prepare a quick pasta dish. The first step when determining how to cook pasta in the microwave is to gather the following items:
- Pasta of your choice
- Microwave-safe bowl
- Flat plate
Steps for Cooking Pasta in the Microwave
- Place the pasta in a microwave-safe bowl and set it on a plate to catch spilled water.
- Pour water into the bowl until it’s 2 inches over the pasta. Because the pasta will swell while it cooks, use plenty of water. You should also add salt for seasoning.
- Place the bowl on the plate in the microwave. Then set the microwave to 4 minutes or work according to any suggested cooking times on the packaging.
- Keep an eye on the pasta as it cooks. You can stir the pasta halfway through and then continue.
- After 4 minutes, check to see if the pasta is cooked. If not, continue for another 30 seconds. At every 30-second interval, check to see if the pasta is done.
- Once the pasta is cooked, drain any excess water using a colander.
Cooking pasta in the microwave is a terrific way to make life a little easier. And now that you know how to cook pasta in the microwave, you can whip up any pasta dish in a flash.