If you are looking for inspiration to update your home decor then look no further than these 21 design trends that are about to be huge.
From bold wallpaper to coastal decor, these trends are sure to make a statement in any space.
For the sixth iteration of the Kips Bay Showhouse Palm Beach, 21 talented designers and firms joined forces to transform a Mediterranean-style villa overlooking the water in West Palm Beach.
An ultimate design oasis that showcases some of the hottest trends in the industry.
Whether you’re looking to completely overhaul your space or simply add a few new touches, these trends are worth considering.
21 Design Trends That Are About To Be Huge
As we approach the end of the year, it’s time to start looking ahead to the design trends that will dominate in the coming months.
From warm neutrals to natural materials, here are 21 design trends that are about to be huge:
- Warm, earthy neutrals are set to make a big impact in 2023 – think soft browns, warm grays, and muted greens.
- Natural materials like pine wood, rattan, and jute are also set to be huge in 2023, as these materials bring a touch of nature and warmth to any space.
- Curved furniture and decor will be everywhere in 2023, from curved sofas to rounded mirrors, this trend adds a softness and playfulness to any room.
- Bold, graphic patterns are set to be huge in 2023, – think oversized florals, geometric prints, and abstract designs.
- Sculptural lighting will be a key trend in 2023, from statement chandeliers to unique table lamps, lighting will be a focal point in many spaces.
- Sustainable design will continue to be a priority in 2023 and look for furniture and decor made from eco-friendly materials, as well as designs that prioritize longevity and durability.
- Textured walls and ceilings will be a big trend in 2023, from textured wallpaper to plaster finishes, these designs add depth and interest to any space.
- Warm metals like brass and copper will be huge in 2023 as these materials add a touch of luxury and warmth to any room.
- Maximalism will continue to be a popular trend in 2023 – think bold colors, mixed patterns, and eclectic decor.
- Biophilic design will be a key trend in 2023 as this design philosophy is all about bringing nature indoors, with elements like plants, natural light, and organic materials.
- Vintage and antique pieces will be huge in 2023 and look for unique, one-of-a-kind finds to add character and charm to your space.
- Bold, statement art will be a key trend in 2023 – think oversized paintings, graphic prints, and unique sculptures.
- Minimalism will still be popular in 2023, but with a twist, and look for minimalist designs that incorporate natural materials and warm neutrals.
- Dark, moody colors will be huge in 2023 – think deep blues, rich greens, and dramatic blacks.
- Layered textures will be a big trend in 2023, from plush rugs to cozy throws, this trend adds depth and interest to any space.
- Mixed metals will continue to be a popular trend in 2023 and look for designs that combine warm and cool metals for a modern, eclectic look.
- Global-inspired decor will be huge in 2023 – think Moroccan textiles, Indian-inspired prints, and African-inspired decor.
- Velvet will be a key trend in 2023, from velvet sofas to velvet throw pillows, this luxurious material adds texture and warmth to any space.
- Art deco-inspired designs will be a big trend in 2023 – think bold geometric shapes, metallic finishes, and luxurious materials.
- Wallpaper will continue to be a popular trend in 2023 and look for bold patterns and colors to make a statement in any room.
- Finally, smart home technology will continue to be a priority in 2023 and look for designs that incorporate smart lighting, voice assistants, and other cutting-edge tech to make your home more comfortable and convenient.
So there you have it – 21 design trends that are about to be huge in 2023.
Whether you’re planning a major home renovation or just looking to update your decor, these trends are sure to inspire you.
The Rise Of Minimalism
Minimalism has been a popular design trend for several years now, and it shows no signs of slowing down.
In fact, it’s likely to become even more prominent in the coming year.
Here are some reasons why minimalism is on the rise:
Focus On Functionality
One of the main reasons for the popularity of minimalism is its focus on functionality.
Minimalist designs prioritize simplicity and practicality over excess and extravagance.
This means that every element of a minimalist design is carefully chosen to serve a specific purpose, rather than being included simply for the sake of decoration.
Sustainable and Eco-Friendly Design
Design trends are constantly evolving, and sustainability is becoming an increasingly important aspect of modern design.
With the need to reduce our environmental impact, sustainable and eco-friendly design is becoming more prevalent.
Digital and Physical Blending
Design is no longer limited to just physical or digital spaces.
The future of design is in blending the two seamlessly, creating a phygital experience that engages users on multiple levels.
Design is not just about making things look pretty. It is also about creating a product that is accessible and inclusive for everyone.
Inclusive design is all about making sure that everyone can use and enjoy your product, regardless of their age, gender, race, or ability.
Return Of Retro And Vintage
If you’re looking to add some personality to your designs, you’ll be happy to hear that retro and vintage design trends are making a comeback in 2023.
The Impact Of Social Media
Social media has become an integral part of our lives, and it’s no surprise that it has a significant impact on design trends.
With millions of users on platforms like Instagram and TikTok, social media has become a hub for discovering new design trends and styles.
Incorporating nature into your living space has become increasingly popular in recent years, and the trend is set to continue in 2023.
Biophilic design, which is all about bringing the outdoors inside, is a design trend that is gaining momentum.
Biophilic design is a concept that involves creating spaces that mimic the natural environment.
It is based on the idea that humans have an innate connection to nature and that our well-being is tied to our environment.
By incorporating natural elements such as plants, water, and natural light, biophilic design creates a calming and restorative atmosphere.
Neon And Bold Colors
If you want to make a statement with your design, incorporating neon and bold colors is a must.
These colors are electrifying and can add a modern touch to any project. They have been trending for a while now and are still going strong.
Neon colors are perfect for making your design stand out, and they work well with a variety of other colors.
When it comes to using neon and bold colors, there are a few things to keep in mind. First, it’s essential to use them sparingly.
Too much neon or bold color can be overwhelming and distracting.
Instead, use them as accents to draw attention to specific elements of your design.
For example, you might use neon text for your call-to-action or a bold color for your logo.
Another thing to consider when using neon and bold colors is the contrast.
These colors are vibrant and can be challenging to read when placed on a similar color background.
Make sure to use contrasting colors to ensure that your text is legible and easy to read.
Finally, don’t be afraid to experiment with different color combinations.
Neon and bold colors work well together, but they can also complement more muted tones.
Consider using a neon accent with a charcoal or smokey grey background, or pairing a bold color with a pastel hue.
Incorporating neon and bold colors into your design can help make it stand out and grab attention.
Just remember to use them sparingly, ensure legibility with contrast, and experiment with different color combinations to create a unique and eye-catching design.
Geometric patterns are a popular design trend that has been around for a while and is predicted to continue to be huge in the coming years.
These patterns are created using geometric shapes like circles, squares, triangles, and hexagons, and often feature a symmetrical or tessellating design.
They can be used in a variety of ways, from background textures to foreground graphics.
One of the reasons geometric patterns are so popular is their inherent order and simplicity.
They have an appealing versatility that can be used in many different design styles, from modern to traditional.
Plus, the use of geometric patterns can add visual interest and depth to any design.
When it comes to incorporating geometric patterns into your design, there are a few things to keep in mind.
First, choose a color palette that works well with the shapes and styles you are using.
Bold, contrasting colors can make a statement, while muted, monochromatic palettes can create a more subtle effect.
Second, consider the scale and placement of your pattern.
Large, bold patterns can be used as a focal point, while smaller, more intricate patterns can be used as a subtle accent.
Additionally, the placement of the pattern can create a different effect.
For example, a repeated pattern can create a sense of movement and flow, while a centered pattern can create a more static, balanced design.
Overall, geometric patterns are a versatile and timeless design trend that can add depth and visual interest to any project.
Whether you’re looking to create a bold statement or a subtle accent, incorporating geometric patterns into your design is sure to make an impact.
You’ve just read about 21 design trends that are about to be huge.
Here are some key takeaways to help you remember what you learned:
- Natural materials will be a big focus, especially in living rooms.
- This includes materials like wood, stone, and leather.
- Dark mode is becoming more popular, and not just for phones.
- Expect to see more websites and apps using dark mode.
- Gradients are getting a futuristic update.
- Designers are using bold and contrasting colors to create visually striking effects.
- Sustainable design is more important than ever.
- Look for designers to use eco-friendly materials and focus on reducing waste.
- Minimalism is still in, but with a twist.
- Instead of stark white spaces, designers are using warm neutrals and natural textures to create cozy minimalism.
- Vintage and retro design elements are making a comeback.
- Think bold patterns, bright colors, and 70s-inspired typography.
- Biophilic design is all about bringing the outdoors inside.
- This includes using plants, natural light, and earthy colors to create a calming and relaxing environment.
- Custom illustrations and graphics are becoming more popular.
- Expect to see more unique and personalized designs.
- Handmade and artisanal elements are making a comeback.
- From hand-painted tiles to handcrafted furniture, designers are embracing the imperfect and the one-of-a-kind.
- Maximalism is back but with a modern twist.
- Instead of cluttered and chaotic spaces, designers are using bold colors and patterns to create a playful and eclectic vibe.
- Smart home technology is becoming more integrated into design.
- From voice-activated lighting to smart thermostats, expect to see more tech-savvy homes in the future.
- Texture is key.
- From woven textiles to textured wallpapers, designers are using tactile elements to add depth and interest to spaces.
- Bold typography is making a statement.
- Expect to see more eye-catching fonts and typography treatments.
- Art Deco is making a comeback.
- This glamorous and luxurious style is all about bold geometric shapes, metallic accents, and rich colors.
- Mixing and matching styles is becoming more popular.
- Don’t be afraid to combine different design elements and styles to create a unique and personalized space.
- Black and white is a timeless color combination.
- Expect to see more black-and-white spaces, with pops of color for contrast.
- Statement lighting is a must-have.
- From oversized pendant lights to sculptural table lamps, lighting is becoming more of a focal point in design.
- Wallpaper is back, and it’s better than ever.
- From bold patterns to subtle textures, wallpaper is a great way to add interest and personality to a space.
- Curves are in.
- From curved sofas to rounded archways, designers are using curves to add a soft and organic feel to spaces.
- Sustainability is a key focus in design.
- From using recycled materials to reducing waste, designers are taking steps to create more eco-friendly and sustainable spaces.
There you have it – 21 design trends that are about to be huge.
Whether you’re a designer or just someone who loves beautiful spaces, these trends are sure to inspire you in the coming year.